What is the best spray on people use to repel flies???
Lot's of positive comments about Nature's Botanical but it is expensive.
Disappointing to hear rumours of people spreading raw poultry manure in Bullsbrook and Wanneroo - it is illegal to use this stuff as it pollutes the groundwater and is stable flies' favourite breeding place.
Great write-up. I appreciate your attention to this topic and I learned a great deal
I just purchased a can of Mosquito Shield Insect Repellent,,, it contains 25 % Deet... but if it works, at this point, I dont care... I can not afford to spend the money on the other botanical items ... I know its banned to use DDT but when they did, there were so many insects that were depopulated.. they need to find a safer item to start spraying with ... to get this infestation back in control... I know DDT is not the proper thing to use, but we really do need something...
I have know of this pest for about sixty years. Looks like a house fly, but has a vicious sting, to me it feels like a red hot needle thrust into my foot. (usually bites on the top of the foot, and I still call it the Foot Biter) I have noticed some peculiar things about this animal.
1) It loves to sit on top of vehicle tyres on hot days.
2) It is very fast, nearly impossible to swat it when it bites
3) it is stealthy, able to move over my skin without me feeling it (this is very peculiar because I can feel all other insects, even small mosquitos moving about)
4) It rarely comes inside, but it does at times, and it would be be a major problem for me (and others, I think) if it did become "domesticated""
5) its operation appears to be limited to less than one metre from the ground
6) It makes no noise when it flies
7) it is possible to swat them with a long handled, sturdy swatter if they are sitting on vehicle tyres in the sun.
8) groups of them they will sometimes chew at dogs ears until blood is flowing, god knows what pain the dogs must be in.
just some comments about a pest which has potential to be a real nuisance for people and animals.Raymond McLaren, Moonbi NSW
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.